- Information That You Give Us.
When you register on the Platform or subscribe to our Services (“Enroll”), we collect personal information that can identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”) such as your full name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and credit card information for payment. We also may collect PII or protected health information (“Protected Health Information” or “PHI”) from you when you transmit a request to the medical practice (“Medical Practice”) to request an on-call licensed Nurse Practitioner (“NP”) to provide non-emergency general adult healthcare examination services at your location (“Visit”); creating a profile; commenting on articles; or completing surveys. Vitality Rx does not refer or recommend any Medical Practices to you. Rather, the Application is a platform licensed by individual Medical Practices that allows you to transmit a request for a Visit to a Medical Practice, and provides the capability for the independent Medical Practice to respond and schedule the Visit, if it so chooses.
The information that we collect varies depending upon how you use our Services. When you request a Visit, you will need to provide us with health-related information that a Physician will need to determine whether he/she is willing to provide medical services to you. We will not use any PHI for any other purpose without your written authorization, or unless otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke, in writing, any such authorization at any time, except to the extent we have taken action in reliance thereon. Vitality Rx will not have any independent access to a Medical Practice’s detailed health record, if any, created as a result of a Visit.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY ENROLL OR COLLECT INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN.
Please keep in mind that certain features on the Application or website may give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include forums, message boards, chats, creating community profiles, and rating, tagging and commenting on articles. When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location, health issues, and email address, may be publicly available to others. We do not protect the privacy of and are not responsible for your disclosure of any information through these interactive features, including, but not limited to information that you might post related to a minor.
Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose anyone’s personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to information you choose to disclose through these interactive features. When an individual chooses to post information that will be publicly disclosed, he or she is responsible for all legal consequences. We are not responsible under any data protection laws for information that you voluntarily post on a site that can be accessed by others.
If you believe that we have violated your privacy rights, you should contact us at the mailing address or e-mail address provided below. You may also file a complaint with the government. See http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company for more information.
- Other Information We Collect.
Web Beacons. We may also use web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) in order to recognize users and assess traffic patterns, and we may include web beacons and cookies in our email messages in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We also collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information that is not health information or medical information in the form of statistics and information regarding the Application user’s statistics and metrics obtained from third party devices (for example, steps, distance, calories burned, GPS coordinates, bat speed, hand speed, swing time, etc.), which may be combined with personal information you submit through the Platform and/or Services so that you can fully enjoy the benefits of the Platform’s tracking, monitoring, and diagnostic tools. We may also request the following optional information as part of your profile so that you can fully enjoy the features and functions of our Services: your weight, height, and gender.
- How We Use Your Information.
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided it including, without limitation, to enable us to process your registration, provide the Services or other requests.
- To transmit a request for a Visit per your request.
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us.
- To notify you about our products, services, and special offers, except that we will not use PHI for marketing purposes without your prior written consent for yourself or your minor child.
- To otherwise contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you.
- To enhance or develop features, products and services.
- To allow us to personalize the content that you and others see on the Application.
- To provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about Application users and Application usage patterns.
- To allow other select companies to send you promotional materials about their products and services, provided that no PHI will be used for this purpose without your prior written consent.
- Sharing Your Information.
We may share your information as follows:
- Visits: We will share your information, at your direction, to transmit a request for a Visit. The Nurse Practitioner may contact you via telephone prior to being dispatched to your location, to ensure that he or she is equipped to handle your medical case. The Physician’s treatment of your information is subject to the Medical Practice’s own policies and procedures. Any PHI that we collect from you will be kept private and secure, as required by law.
- With Affiliates: We may share your information with affiliated companies and businesses, provided that your PHI will not be shared for any marketing purposes without your prior written consent, in accordance with applicable law.
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Application such as processing credit card transactions sending emails, fulfilling purchase requests, and data analysis on our behalf. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf. Such service providers shall be bound by appropriate confidentiality and security obligations, which may include, as applicable, business associate contract obligations.
- With Business Partners: When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through our Application, we may share PII, but not your PHI, with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, and promotions. When you accept a particular business partner's offer, you authorize us to provide your information to that business partner.
- Special Circumstances: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency where required by applicable law.
- When disclosure is required or allowed by law in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Application’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy, as required or allowed by law.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR USERS OF THE PLATFORM: IF YOU ELECT TO MAKE YOUR PROFILE VIEWABLE BY PHYSICIANS, ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU INCLUDE IN THAT PROFILE MAY BE VIEWED BY PHYSICIANS. YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER ANY INFORMATION IN THE PROFILE THAT YOU (OR ANOTHER PERSON) WISH TO REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL. A PHYSICIAN WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU EXCEPT THROUGH THE PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE THROUGH THE APPLICATION. VITALITY RX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETENTION, USE OR PRIVACY PRACTICES OF MEDICAL PRACTICES AFTER THEY HAVE RECEIVED YOUR INFORMATION.
- Confidentiality of Health Information.
The Medical Practices and Physicians may be subject to laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of health information they create or receive. Included among them is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health of 2009 (“HITECH”), and the regulations adopted thereunder, and applicable state laws. When Vitality Rx stores, processes, or transmits “individually identifiable health information” (as such term is defined by HIPAA) on behalf of such a health care provider, Vitality Rx does so as its “business associate” (as also defined by HIPAA). Heal is prohibited from, among other things, using individually identifiable health information in a manner that the health care provider itself may not. Heal is also required to, among other things, apply reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of individually identifiable health information we store and process on behalf of such health care providers.
- How to Access or Update Your Information.
- How We Protect Your Information.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to make all reasonable efforts to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the unlikely event of a data breach, you will be notified as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.
Certain of the administrative, technical, and physical measures in place are as follows. Vitality Rx’s infrastructure is kept in a secured data center that protects from unauthorized access to the physical servers, backups and any element used to store and/or process personal data. Only authorized personnel can access the data center. Vitality Rx's systems and databases are backed up regularly to help protect the data in case of an incontrollable catastrophe. The data center that stores Vitality Rx's servers has policies and procedures in place designed to safeguard the equipment that our data is stored on. Vitality Rx regularly upgrades its system software to include the latest security features. Vitality Rx servers are protected by a firewall system, which is designed to keep unwanted traffic or access out of our computer network. Vitality Rx also employs an intrusion prevention service (IPS) provided by a secured data center operated by a professional company, and uses security methods to determine the identity of each registered user, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called "authentication." All communication between Vitality Rx ’s Web server, your browser and the Platform is encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to guard against network eavesdroppers. Your password is internally encrypted in Vitality Rx ’s system to prevent unauthorized access to the system. Validations are built throughout the application to capture the most reliable information. Only the last 4 digits of your credit card number is stored on our servers.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
We support and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18, nor do we share such information with third parties. Children under the age of 18 may not use the Application. If you seek a Visit for a minor, you will be responsible for providing information related to the minor and for paying for the Visit requested for the minor.
- Links to Third Party Sites.
- How to Contact Us.
12. Effective Date.